Sunday, February 8, 2009

Team is everything!

A Big thank you to ALL my wonderful team at Samera. The run up to the 31st january 2009 was the calmest, coolest we have ever had and was in full control. This was down to the superb team assembled at Samera - without them, this business would be nowhere.

I recall hiring my first hire, mahen back in 2004, when he joined me at my dad's dining table, after I interviewed him over a coffee at the local gym. One interview later, he was working with me at the dining table attempting to change the dental business world.

4.5 years since then, he is still with us, but how things have changed.

Last Friday, we had a team lunch, and around the table were my core team members. Mahen, who now manages much of the business is currently enjoying the delights of his home land in Sri Lanka, missed out, but it really did highlight to me how the business has grown and developed.

The Samera team really is an experiment in social and cultural diversity. From Hungary, to Sri Lanka, to Mauritius, to India, to Nigeria, to Ramsgate, to good old SW London (that's where i herald from via Indian ancestory) we have an assortment of wonderful individuals who together work so well! There are no boundaries here. Yes, there are differences, but that is what makes it so exciting.

If you are reading this, thanks guys, all your efforts are so much appreciated by me. My life would not be the same without ALL of you!

No comments: