Friday, November 21, 2008

Credit Crunch Fish And Chips


I usually feel very full after eating proper fish chips. However, this week i went to a local fish and chip shop (a fancy one) and after leaving i still felt hungry. Quite interestingly it is usually busy, but due to the economic downturn even this shop was quite empty.

We ordered two meals, and noticed that when we received the chips, they came in one bowl to share for two. In addition the gherkins and pickled onions we ordered were not whole but cut into pieces. These little "tweaks" were very noticeable to me, and the reduced amount of chips had a great impact on my tummy grumbling later in the evening.

Yes, i know things may be tight for the owner, but my expectations of being full after the meal were not met. Surely, rather than cutting back on his bits and pieces, he should re-invent his menu (charge more, only a little) and then offer something that meets my tummy's expectations!!

I am still hungry...two days later!

No comments: