Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Now is the right time to invest

"You should get greedy when others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy"

Warren Buffett, Berkhire Hathaway

The markets are down, people are losing jobs, and there seems to be endless fear in the market. All the news is dominated by this depression (economic and emotional), however, just one thing highlights to me that this presents an opportunity. As Warren Buffet puts it in his quote, when everyone is fearful is the time to get greedy!

What is this opportunity?

Historic FTSE 100 Graph

Take a look at the graph and this will tell you the answer. Got it?

Maybe?

If not, the graph highlights one simple fact. The FTSE 100 index is almost at its lowest level for the last 10 years. 2002-03 highlighted one such low, but since then the market has risen and now fallen to an extremely low level now.

This to me presents an opportunity. Call it foolish, bold or plain right stupid, but my gut, as well as my brain tells me NOW (not next year) is the time to start getting back in to shares.

Yes, the economy is not in great shape, and the rest of the world is struggling along too, but, you and I know there are quality shares out there to buy, it is just a matter of knowing which ones to buy.

Just yesterday, I have taken a personal stake in some quality companies, such as Tesco and BP, based on historic analysis as well as trading action, but also just looking at the fundamentals of such companies. People need fuel and need food.

So which other shares?

I am writing as a former leading City Analyst. I left the City 6 years back as a Vice President of Equities (that means shares to you and me) and now feel that this time NOW, presents a buying opportunity for those bold enough to take that position.

If you want to learn more about getting into equities, and making the right investment decisions in these tough economic times then you had better come along to my "Master your wealth...even in a recession!" seminar on the 26th March, I can assure you that you won't regret it!

Click here to find out more details! and if you book by close of Wednesday 11th March you get an extra £50 off! Just quote MYW50 to get your discount.

No comments: